![]() |
Exes.
A taboo subject this is. Yet, you will, for all due respect, allow me to
navigate these waters. Thank you.
I,
just like you, have been involved in a romantic relationship. Not once. Not
twice. Several; running into tens. But one relationship out of these stands
out, sticking out like a sore thumb.
Your
guess is correct: my first love. Ahem. Everyone has a tale to tell about the
first instance their affection juices dripped.
What
is this thing about first-love? It is out of my comprehension, a faculty, I
bet, that would make Aristotle and other smart asses leave their research
tables weeping with the despondency of a failed test.
In
a nutshell, I had a girl. How we met was pretty normal. At a college event. You
see, nothing much to write home about.
After
the usual ritualistic far-fetched flattery and flirtations, we fell in love.
All too easily. Easy like pie.
Her
Majesty was a genuine beauty: juicy legs, long blonde hair of Uranus-like
curls, of terrific skin tone you would eat out of her feet sole. Too much on
one soul? Not so.
I must say that her body was hotter than sulphur. Holy macaroni! Sex with her was heavenly.
Mademoiselle spoke the kind of English you hear only on British classical movies like Game of Thrones, and a borrowed otherworldly accent to complete her ridiculously unbelievable persona.
I must say that her body was hotter than sulphur. Holy macaroni! Sex with her was heavenly.
Mademoiselle spoke the kind of English you hear only on British classical movies like Game of Thrones, and a borrowed otherworldly accent to complete her ridiculously unbelievable persona.
Again,
she was a stunning foodie, an expert in the cookery. But please make me
understand, how the deuce was this skill of any importance when all she did was insist that we eat out, all the t
ime?
![]() |
| Bill and cooin love |
Refusing
would drive a wedge between us, a scenario I dreaded upon.
Did
I mention that she Lisa is niece to a legislator known better for his hankering
after hullabaloo, and drama?
Such
was my fairytale girlfriend. She was the most excellent thing ever –in my
wisdom of the day.
And
I instantly won a hero status among my chums, and foes.
Our
love was overflowing, breaking at the seams.
Yet
controversial.
‘Yours
is more of an orchestra than real love,’ a friend declared.
In
dismay: Why the hell? We are real.’
‘This
is a drama you are staging. Not love.’ What a destructive verdict.
For
rage, I had trashed the convo.
Not
long after, a furious tempest.
Half
a year down the line, to be precise. Typically most relationships do not manage
this hurdle, or weather the tornado that the after-six-months romp sires.
Accusations?
The usual budget: I was not according her sufficient attention. Familiar,
right? And total bullshit too, you will agree with me.
All
attempts to fan, salvage and resuscitate the romance aborted.
My
mate was not wrong.
Good
people, our agonising break-up came, coincidentally, during my attachment.
Guys, you all understand how tormenting it usually is trying to concentrate on
the training, especially if your supervisor is a sadist, and fiercer than Fish
Mooney in Gotham.
On
the allegation of neglect, good people, the truth is, I was busy. I was trying,
and doing my best. I was –good guess, again –skin broke.
![]() |
| When a cathedral mouse is richer than you |
We
had wined and dined in an upmarket restaurant not once, and positive, I was
doing everything in my capacity, and even stretching myself, to support and
make her happy. Without reciprocity, mind you.
A
rational soul would ask for nothing more, when all the other’s barns have been
depleted.
Nonetheless,
selfishness thrived over love, compassion and, common sense.
It
comes to that point in life, where you really must cut losses and bust. This
action is the inevitable waterloo.
So,
bae left.
It
was hard to believe. Even harder to accept.
Grieving
followed. Grieving happened uninhibited. I was inconsolably upset. I was the casualty of our relationship's collapse.
And
the promises! The sweet, infinitesimal, funny fancies we had together. The
crap. How hollow.
These
dreams are now dumped frozen somewhere under Lake Baikal.
I
wanted her to carry my daughter, my idol Monique. Every shot who happens to
know me will tell you just how sacred this tot is to me.
![]() |
| Sweet Monique |
She
peed on this dream too.
Get
Moni though I must.
It
is the 21st century, and I haven’t read anywhere in the papers about
a decrease in ovaries among the womankind. The eggs are in their billions, with
many more free for donation to anyone who cares to have them, while landing a
willing and loving surrogate mother is easier than getting a cab to town.
She
left the alpha man for another better, wiser and perhaps more loaded nigger –
checks and balances are part of the game, if you must date her.
The guy was popular like a rockstar in college.
For woe.
The guy was popular like a rockstar in college.
For woe.
Their
hyped up flair of a relationship hardly lasted four months. How could it, in
all honesty? Would Providence permit this injustice? Practically, no.
Childish
fights epitomised their ephemeral stay-together. Incessant quarrels over little
nothings.
The good bloke, she realised all too soon, was a joke.
The good bloke, she realised all too soon, was a joke.
Nods.
I
was not in the least surprised.
FYI
this brunette was of cantankerous conduct. Say, irascible and incredibly
puerile propensities. A lame bully
would be a more accurate description of her.
She
is the breed Sir Irvin Washington (may he rest in peace) calls ‘termagant’ in
his amazing fable of Rip Van Winkle.
It’s a splendid read. Try it someday.
The
stripped fact is, keeping buddies while dating this type of girl is a big
hassle. She perpetually sees countless faults in them, and reads iniquity in
their hearts. And she will tell you why you must leave them.
Or
her, if you choose to keep them.
Bust
her!
Tell
you what? There are guys who walked out on me when I moved in with Lisa. Many. She
had a viperfish air about her person, despising all that was hallowed to me
before she came into the picture.
Yet
I was deceived like King Uther Pendragon by the disgusting sorcery of the troll
in the guise of Lady Catrina of Tregor in
Merlin.
Who
did she think she was? Khaleesi the Mother of Dragons? Helen of Troy? Venus or
Madonna? She was close to these, that’s given.
Close,
but not quite.
I
thought I would never date again. We all feel so when our maiden love torpedoes.
Until
something more finger-licking smiled up on me, and knew that my testosterone
would be very much handy elsewhere.
Guys,
I lost my humour. My feelings went out the window with Lady Lisa.
What
I have now is a heart of steel. Like one cast in Germany’s the Rhine. Heaven
forbid, I cannot lie to someone about how much I feel them. I cannot love, simply. I fucking cannot be in a
relationship!
Why
would I? I mean, there are finer ladies who slap me with enthralling smirks at
coffee shops. The variety of grins these mortals have honed make you stop
stirring your coffee and stick your finger in the nose, utterly spellbound.
I
run into these every time at Thika’s
Pizza Inn, whenever I’m out to grab my cup for the road. This joint is the
only goddamned place in the goddamned township where you can get some kickass
coffee.
Their
cappuccino though is overpriced, so, with my skimpy earnings, but with a devoutly
coffee-faithful palate, I content myself with their cheaper but equally
vitalising Americano.
Their
smiles are legitimate. So just so you know a smile is synonymous with a fling.
Cringe. Gosh, for what other possible end would a total stranger afford to
smile at you?
These
you can leap into bed with for as little a return of the magical smile. And bed
here means not the Oxford Dictionary bed. Rather, anywhere: behind a FuelSave,
Nakumatt or, yes, Chase Bank.
The
latter particularly would be friendlier as the owners have since left. Rumour
has it they are in the Bahamas enjoying sunshine, sunbathing, and the smell of
sea.
Oopsie!
The drivel.
Where
were we?
Oh,
yes, ladies who smile at you at such places as a coffee shop. No. We were
discussing the earthly reason that would compel me to embark onto a long-term
and usually more expensive relationship when there are simpler, cheaper and
even more fun, yes more fun, arrangements.
I
have had the luck of meeting her. And every time we met, I was benevolent
enough to esteem her with diplomacy, in the way of a gentleman.
I
gather –from my all-knowing sources –that missy has been undergoing a raft of
changes lately. Man, she is in a transition.
Takes
a draft at my dear coffee.
She
dons in longer, shout ‘decent’, dresses of startling modesty. Like an old
serpent does to her skin, she has shorn her hair. Daring, right? Takes another
draft, this time longer.
Nowadays,
she whiles her time reading the 600-page-plus type of novels. The ones with
English so stiff you will really have to be high on weed to comprehend a thing,
leave alone the plot.
More
rumour has it that her life has been more tumultuous than the economy of
Greece.
Straightens
my shirt’s creases.
The
people we meet in life have an infinite capacity to change us. Transform us
forever. Regrettably, I met the wrong strain of a lover.
I
felt that Christian Grey –for the uninitiated, Grey is the succulent guy, CEO
of Grey Enterprises, Anastasia Steel falls in love with in Fifty Shades of Grey –was nuts when he said he did not recognise
love-making, preferring instead to fuck.
Hard fuck, he emphasises.
Let
your jaws drop.
Like
poor Miss Anastasia, I did not initially understand him. Until now. If I ever bump
into him in town, his omelette will be on me.
I
regret nothing, but I lost my emotional touch with many a things. Emotional
connection –sigh –is what I now abhor. I hate the fact that I now dislike being
able to connect emotionally. But it’s ruin I am guarding myself against.
Circumstances
have taught me to prefer more physical interactions: amorous congress. The searing,
impulsive and invigorating shagging. The Trojan type of sex.
The
kind you see in blue movies, and which keep you glued to your screen all
weekend in your house with the door tightly bolted.
We
all watch porn. I watch porn. I love porn.
Takes
another sip of my coffee. Not Maina Kageni’s cliché whisky.
Attention!
That is not to suggest that the alpha man beds any beddable meatbag he runs into. No. Not just
anyone. The subject better be mouth-watering in looks, and brainy. Screw
manners. Fuck status. Fuck everything else.
Why
am I saying all this? Is it out of disgust? Bitterness? Loss? Negative. It is
just to ridicule my then folly, and laud my wisdom of the present moment. The
tsunami left me way wiser than Gaius. Claps for self.
Expenses
are a million times fewer. Go ahead, brand me a cheapskate. A cheapskate who
can now save for some real estate in a not-so-badly-off neighbourhood. Being
nagged has ceased to be part of my life.
Yet
benefits are still intact. Repeat that line.
What’s
more, I’m more at peace with myself, and friends. Asking for more would be a
distinct act of thanklessness to my new, better circumstances.
Bites
another portion of my burger. Chews, slowly. Then listens to the intermittent
thoughts in my crammed head.
I
will now pen down.
I’m
stepping out to treat my eyes to what they fancy beholding.
Adieu!










No comments:
Post a Comment