I began penning
this article a long while ago. I had my thoughts put together, ideas flowing
and the structure in place. Except I had not humiliated the keyboard by tapping
at it yet.
Finally, I have
managed to lay hands on a pen and, most crucially, a grip on the eternally
elusive time, and here we are.
Shall we say, Bingo!
You see, the
alpha man is not an idler blogger as
most wannabe writers are. Any feathers ruffled? Many, I bet.
Sir Nkurunziza has
his professional duties and a million other enthusiasms, all competing for his hard-to-come-by
attention, as to afford to have surplus time to attend to scribal compulsions
all the time.
Damnit!
What the deuce am I saying? Anyhow. Take me wrongly at your own peril.
So, here is the chronicle.
A chronicle you must hear.
Wait, it’s not a
chronicle, really.
FYI, I don’t lay
any solid claim to being a chronicler worthy of any note, shout no. Chronicling is a pretext we idlers fancy using whenever we want to
put our inherently cheap thoughts across, to whoever may care to listen.
Rather it’s an
analysis and a vision. An objective, perhaps.
What type of
spouse do you envisage? What kind of man would you want to father your
children? What species of woman would you want to carry your children? What breed
of human would you wish to grow gray hair with?
The pedigree type, most will shout. Yet how do you arrive at that special mate? Good question, folks. I will tell you how. In just a moment.
Lately, the alpha man has been thinking real hard about this oft-ignored subject that is otherwise of massive substance, and hefty repercussions.
Following is what I came up with: the threshold that my partner must meet. Fancies though these may seem, yet it is what I want.
Even before I
begin, please note that ours will be pretty much a contract.
Conduct
This is the
central pillar. Mannerisms of an invalid are unwelcome. Behaviour should be impeccable.
Someone who can answer me when I ask what programme is showing on TV even when I can see it’s the horribly-cast Muchacha Italiana.
Beauty
We all go for
this. But my lady must be Natalie Portman-smoking hot. And when I say Nat, I
mean just that.
Yet here is
where I get so utterly subjective. Plump has never been my thing, never will.
Curves though I may, repeat may, allow, but not so much flesh as to fall free
in the shape of flab. Hapana!
I fancy ‘em
petite, much as a fellow scribe insists that ‘these little devils can really raise hell outta nothing.’ A 5’1
like Lady Gaga’s is just fine.
Dressing
There are no
rules for this. She will dress as she pleases, but sexy and appealingly. I would
fancy it more if she can put on a pair of onesies, shorts, loafers and dresses,
and look strikingly the part.
Have I mentioned before that a lady in sexy flats and socks makes me squirm with need?
Have I mentioned before that a lady in sexy flats and socks makes me squirm with need?
Smile
It has to be
evermore winsome. The variety that melts an icy heart –sometimes I can allow
myself to get really cold. She can help exorcise my gloom. The Rooney Mara type of beam.
Exercise
A gym-animal
would be most suitable, for fitness is a big plus in the matters that I should not mention here. She should however not
have muscles of a career weightlifter.
Complexion
The tone has to
be bright. Skin that sparkles is what I mean. The kind you see on sassy models
on Nivea billboards. She must not
have a freckle. Hell, no!
If she is not of
light skin complexion, I may take her in on the condition that this gene runs
in her lineage.
Language
English and
French are a must. English –and this has to be flawless –because it is the favourite
tongue of the alpha man.
Dear Lord, I loathe girls who speak with outrageous accents, saying nothing really. Miserable souls, the god of language will have no mercy on you.
Dear Lord, I loathe girls who speak with outrageous accents, saying nothing really. Miserable souls, the god of language will have no mercy on you.
Some French will
do because the boy studied (some!) French in college. Never mind he benefitted very
insignificantly from the syllabus. Thus she will have the honour of learning
me. And learn I must.
Intelligence
This value is so
sweet to not possess. Sometimes the alpha man allows himself to wallow in
thoughtlessness, and in such instances, she will be there to temper my idiocy.
I can’t claim to understand what I meant by this line. Not without telling a
fib.
But that she must be
brainy is the base line.
Reasoning
My missus must
possess an analytical mind. She must possess deductive genius of jaw dropping
status. Having read Agatha Christie’s Hercule Poirot’s detective exploits, I
must say I fell in love with people who boast this venerable quality.
Dude, seriously? Dude. I'm not sorry, it's what I want, and what I must have.
Dude, seriously? Dude. I'm not sorry, it's what I want, and what I must have.
Mediocrity will
not be permissible in our union. I will bust her without a second thought, poor
soul.
Relations
I will love my duchess' family. And she will have no choice but reciprocate. But one thing I must
forbid is her relations to dictate what we
must do.
Toughee
I want someone who can do a five-kilometre jog in the morning and prepare breakfast without whining. Someone who can go watching the Rhino Charge on a rainy May morning, or go mountaineering when Mt. Kenya forest is at its gloomiest. A lady who can punch back when threatened.
Really not the mushy type that would call dial 999 and my workplace in an emergency for "Darling there is big mende inside the kitchen cabinet."
Toughee
I want someone who can do a five-kilometre jog in the morning and prepare breakfast without whining. Someone who can go watching the Rhino Charge on a rainy May morning, or go mountaineering when Mt. Kenya forest is at its gloomiest. A lady who can punch back when threatened.
Really not the mushy type that would call dial 999 and my workplace in an emergency for "Darling there is big mende inside the kitchen cabinet."
Enthusiasms
She may love
literature: reading or writing. Having both would be an added advantage.
I am a film
maniac, thus she should be a friend of the screen. Strictly, I cannot even start
to date someone to whom Inferno, Deadpool,
The Jungle Book and Apocalypse sound
like, at best Double Dutch, at worst, Gypsy language.
She must have
the capacity to draw amusement from many a faculties. In other words, we should
have similar hobbies and interests. Not all. At least several.
Independent
entities
Between us there
will be autonomy. I do not wish to place any stringent measures on how she
should conduct her life, especially when her actions do not impact on my life
in any way.
She will have
her financial latitude, freedom and all she may desire. This I won’t tamper
with.
Duties
It has never
been my habit to rely upon someone to run my errands. No one should babysit me. I
like performing my own chores.
I can grill my sandwich, brew coffee for myself, and clip my nails, can't I?
I will not
enslave her in any way whatsoever.
Friends
She may have
chums of her choice, it’s entirely upon her. But I would take displeasure to
the ilk with hideous tendencies of hovering around long after dinner has been served and late night news
anchors gone to sleep.
I must confess
my abhorrence for the type that is naturally privy to and discuss everything from what the
Kardashians are up to, to what peek-a-boo bras and panties are new in the lingerie
market, and their knights in bed.
Drinking
You cannot deny
pleasures to a woman who can tell the difference between genuine Chablis and
counterfeit Chateau Montelena, can you? Your answer
is as good as my guess.
She can take as
much wine as her palate will accommodate, except she should not drink outside
the confines of our home. I must forbid her subscription to cheap liquor as is
sold in piteous joints that are so common in Nairobi. Sparkling wine from
worthy joints will be allowed any time.
Children
We will sire
just one kid: my goddess Monique. This proviso is not debatable.
Terminating the
contract
My missy will
have absolute liberty to walk away whenever she so pleases. I will not hold her
back, except there won’t be an opening for her return.
If you strongly
feel you encompass these qualities, tada!
Apply now.
Canvassing will
lead to automatic disqualification.
Attention: This is not a request.
Attention: This is not a request.









With zero miasma of doubt,you need to process one of these kind. I enjoy your art and fancies,send me her sister's number.
ReplyDeleteHahaha.
ReplyDeleteI sure will.
Thank you for your kind support.